Sunday, January 8, 2012

A Week in the Life

About the decision: I fully expect I'll publish Beyond Doubt as both an ebook and a print-on-demand book. I realized the decision had made itself when a friend told me she is on the agent search and my inner voice asked "why?" I didn't say it. Not my business. But a viseral reaction must be right.

On Thursday this week, I went to Fayetteville to meet and talk with a reading group that has been going for decades. They promised to have me back when the book is in hand and I had a great time talking about how the story has evolved, the different points of view and structures I've experimented with to get where I am. I told them that on Saturday, my writers group would be going over the manuscript in fine detail. Several of ladies promised to pray for me on Saturday morning. I've heard that all prayers are answered one way or another.

On Saturday--yesterday--I got what I expected from my Girls Writing. Love, to be sure, for me and also for my story. And honesty. And great ideas. I want this book to be the best it can be, and by golly, so do the Girls.

So for a while, I'll be in the Act of Rewriting. Reimagining. Listening more closely to my characters, and giving them voice. It may only take a few weeks, or it may take a few months. I'm excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment